Friday, August 6, 2010

Heartstrings Chapters four, five and six



Chapter Four

Out of the Loop

Edward’s Point of View

I made a routine after that first night. I would watch her in the meadow playing the violin, which was her’s now. I was amazed that she was able to play with such grace but when she walked it only took four steps or so before she would stumble and fall causing her to hurt herself.

But regardless of her clumsiness she was still beautiful to me. I took notice that her mother didn’t live with her and her father when I watched her mannerisms at her home. I learned from Alice that Bella’s parents were divorced and she was only here in Forks for the summer to be with her father.

I knew that my time with her would be limited because school would start in the next month or so. I would go to her room after her and her father were a sleep. I knew from her sleep talking that she must had caught a glimpse of me leaving her room that first morning. I had to be careful now.

Not that it didn’t make me a little happy she knew of me is some way ,but for right now no one knew about what I was doing. Alice was the only one from my family that knew about Bella and my routine. I didn’t wish for everyone else to know just yet. I knew that Esme would be happy for me but I knew Carlisle all to well.

He would want to know everything and that would mean telling him about the mind block that Bella seems to have. I also knew if he couldn’t solve the puzzle himself, he would contact one of his old friends. Most of them were from the Volturi: Our form of twisted vampire government .

The last time our family were involved with the Volturi was when Rosalie went on a vengeance spree in Rochester, New York. They were interested in my ability, Rosalie’s Beauty (To lure prey), and Esme’s ability to mothered any creature that crosses her path. If they were to become involved now, their would see we now have a psychic and empath in our coven.

Even Emmett’s strength would spark their interest. For now Carlisle and Esme needed to be out of the loop. Jasper knew a little of what was going on because of Alice but knew well enough to not say any thing. Rosalie was too into herself to notice my behavior which was fine by me.

I wanted to be sure that Emmett would stay out of it because ever since Alice and Jasper joined our Family, he became a pain in my side about me being a virgin. I didn’t know what would happen once the Quileutes learn of my involvement in Bella’s life but I hoped that it would not end in bloodshed.

After about two weeks of watching over Bella or “Stocking”, Alice called it one night as a joke, I took notice that Bella was staying up later than normal. I knew she was doing it just to see if she could catch me coming in at night. I needed her to be out of the loop too because I didn’t want for her to know about me just yet.

I wanted to wait until she was little bit more older, not for her sake but for her father’s. I know he loves his daughter and he saw her as his baby. The time he spent with her now was limited due to our destiny. I wanted him to have his time with his daughter because if she is to become a vampire like us, she will have to give up all ties to her human life and that means her family and friends.

After she finally went to sleep, I crept through her window and sat in the rocking-chair by the window. While I watched her slept took in the surrounding of her room. I notice that she loved to read books and not just any books, the classics. I saw a copy of Wuthering Heights on her nightstand which seemed to be worn out from repeatedly being read over and over.

I wasn’t a fan of Wuthering Heights but I did admire her liking in the other classics I saw on her bookshelf. When I looked out her window to see the sun beginning to rise through the rainy sky, I saw in the distance what looked like a large black wolf looking at me from between the trees. Before I could focus my thoughts on what I was seeing the wolf started to run towards the direction of my home.

I leapt out of Bella’s window after I took one final look at her sleeping form before following the trail of the wolf that was heading to my house. The scene that I was met with was Carlisle, an unknown boy with long black hair about the age of sixteen, and an older man in a wheelchair that I knew to be Billy Black: The grandson of Ephraim Black, the Chief of the Quileutes that formed the treaty with us so many years ago.

My attention was broth to Carlisle clearing his throat.
“Edward, Son, we need to talk.” Carlisle said in a worried tone.

Chapter Five

The Quileutes
Edward’s Point of View

I followed behind Carlisle and our two guests into the house. “Billy, what an unexpected surprise. Welcome to our home.” Esme greeted with a sweet smile.

The last time our family had any involvement with the Quileutes , was when Ephraim Black: Their Tribe leader and the one who we made the peace treaty with, had died of old age. Carlisle and Esme thought it would be best to show our respects. We also wanted to inform the new tribe leader that we still wished for the treaty to continue and to let them be aware of Alice and Jasper joining our coven.

While the ceremony came to a close, a young boy came rushing in a panic because young Billy Black, Ephraim’s grandson got his foot caught in a bear-trap deep into the boarders of our land. Esme’s maternal side took over and she ran to where the young boy said Billy would be. After that, Billy always seemed to have a soft spot for Esme regardless to the fact that she was a “Cold One” or “Leech”, as some Quileutes called us.

“Thank you, Esme. I am afraid that this visit is not a social call. We have some things to discuss about your son, Edward.” Billy said in a serious tone.


“Edward? What has Edward done?” Esme asked with a hint of worry in her voice. “That “Leech” has been hunting my little sister and it needs to stop or I’ll show him what we Quileutes Wolves used to do to bloodsuckers before this stupid treaty” The young man named Sam stated from his spot behind Billy’s wheelchair.

“Sister?“ I questioned out loud and to myself about Sam’s statement. I didn’t recall Bella having any siblings or her being related to the Quileutes. I looked in the thoughts that were going though Sam’s head.

He’d wished to do things to me that were not very creative and was nothing but things that human imagination had made up in fictional folklore. “Bella is not related to us Quileutes by blood but we do see her as family.” Sam said through gritted teeth.

“Hold down you tempter, Sam. I don’t wish for this to start out in bloodshed. I would like to hear his side of the situation before I made that call of judgment” Billy said to Sam in a commanding tone.

“Billy, your earlier than I expected. I had hoped that this meeting would’ve waited until after Bella actually got to meet Edward.” Alice said walking to the room. “Alice, what is going on here?” Carlisle asked.

“Were to start? Well do you remember when I had Emmet hide Edward’s violin?” Carlisle nodded. “Well that caused a change of events that has lead Edward to his soul mate.” Alice explained. “Soulmate? To that Leech?! I won’t allow it!” Sam yelled. “Sam! Calm down now or I’ll have you leave. I will not have you jeopardizing the treaty because of your lack of control.” Billy said commanded to Sam.

As Sam went to the far corner of the room sulking Billy turned his attention to me. “I would like to hear your take on this. Is what Alice said is true that you found your soul mate in our Bella?” I let out the breath that I was unaware that I was holding before speaking.

“I don’t know what to say to you. I mean, I only been watching Bella from a distance while she played the violin or been in her room watching her sleep for the past few weeks but, I feel if you were to tell me to that I couldn’t be a part of her life, I would not have the will to live. I need her. I wish for her to be in my life forever. Please don’t take her away from me.” I said almost pleading for his blessing or some sign that he would at lease turn a blind eye.

Sam made his presents known to us once again. “Your intending on making her one of you? A soulless bloodsucker? Billy you know the terms of the treaty. If they kill or bite a human…” “Things can be changed if need be Sam. ”Billy said cutting off Sam. “The treaty is not set in stone.”

“Are you saying that your going to change the terms of the treaty, Billy?” Asked Esme. I was now looking into Billy’s thoughts to see his answer. He was going through his own inner conflict on whether to follow the terms of the treaty or to throw caution in the wind.

“Your not planning on changing her anytime soon I hope. You are going to give her time to think about what a life with you entitles?” He said, still thinking it over. “I am planning on her getting to know me before I inform her that I am an vampire.” I said in full seriousness.

Chapter Six
Wolves and Cold Ones
Billy’s Point of View

It surprise me to no end when Sam informed me that one of the Cullens where hunting Bella Swan: My best friend, Charlie Swan’s daughter and my god daughter. Sitting in front of the Cullen’s home waiting for Sam to lure the guilty party to me and Carlisle Cullen; The coven leader of the ‘Cold Ones’ that only feed on the blood of animals. I informed Carlisle of my reason for coming to his home and personally, I just didn’t want to believe that any of them would take on hunting humans.

I wanted to give them the benefit of a doubt, thinking possible reasons for any of the Cullens to take an interest in Bella. Maybe Bella tripped and fell in the woods while they were hunting and Esme; like she was with me when I was young, wanted to be sure that Bella made it back home safe in one piece and had appointed herself as Bella’s unknown motherly guardian angel or Maybe the violin that my son Jacob found in an old run-downed shack four years ago, had belonged to one of them and they were finding a way to reclaim it from her.

With all of the conclusions I came up with, nothing could prepare me for the true answer. Edward; Carlisle’s first coven member or ‘adopted child’ was tailing behind Sam coming from Bella’s home. When Carlisle told Edward that we all need to have an discussion, he looked like a child with his hand in the cookie jar and Sam’s attitude was not helping the situation. I knew that Sam and some other members of the tribe saw Bella as family and his anger was not without reason, but with his unstability of his wolf form, I didn’t wish for unnecessary bloodshed.

When Alice appeared, telling us about the violin and of Bella being Edward’s soul mate, we all were taken a back. I knew that it was possible for vampires to have a life mate, just like the wolves of our tribe, but for me to hear that my god daughter was somehow eternally soul bonded to a vampire I just couldn’t wrap my mind around that. “Soulmate? To that Leech?! I won’t allow it!” Sam yelled his temper flaring and was ready to attack at any moment. “Sam! Calm down now or I’ll have you leave. I will not have you jeopardizing the treaty because of your lack of control.” I said as Sam went to the far corner of the room to sulk.

I turned attention to Edward. “I would like to hear your take on this. Is what Alice said is true that you found your soul mate in our Bella?” I asked, not sure if I wanted to hear the answer. As he spoke he told me how he was watching over her and how he wanted to be part of her life, my heart went out to him a little until Sam made his presents known once again. “Your intending on making her one of you? A soulless bloodsucker? Billy you know the terms of the treaty. If they kill or bite a human…” “Things can be changed if need be Sam. ” I said cutting him off . It was that unnecessary bias judgment like Sam’s and his grandfather before him, that was the cause of wars and misunderstandings through the years. I hated it and so did my grandfather, Ephraim.

My grandfather always told that the treaty was not set in stone. The reason for the treaty was not out of hate and prejudge, but for hoped that one day the wolves and the cold ones could live in peace and learn from one another. I knew the moment when Esme saved me in the woods so many years ago that there was a bit of humanity in some of them and not all of them were blood thirsty monsters. I also knew that it was the blood line of the Blacks that held this treaty and only a Black could mend or end it. “The treaty is not set in stone.” I said, echoing the words of my grandfather.

“Are you saying that your going to change the terms of the treaty, Billy?” Esme asked with worry lest in her voice. As much that I wanted to say no and leave the treaty the way it is, I knew that I would be no better than Sam and others of our tribe that let fear and hate run their lives. “Your not planning on changing her anytime soon I hope. You are going to give her time to think about what a life with you entitles?” I asked, still thinking over my answer.

“I am planning on her getting to know me before I inform her that I am an vampire.” Edward said to me seriously . “ I will bend the terms of the treaty but only if you make me a promise.” I stated .“Whatever it is Billy, I will do everything in my being to honor it.” he said. “Love her.” I said looking him in the eyes, knowing that there was no way he could break that promise. “I already do.” he stated full-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment